Sunday, December 27, 2009

Google Tools Tip: Blogger

An optimist stays up until midnight to see the New Year in. A pessimist stays up to make sure the old year leaves. -- Bill Vaughan

Add value to your work as a desulfurization expert with Blogger. By posting tidbits of information that surfaces as you pursue your work, you can help keep colleagues abreast of new developments.

Some of your colleagues will be co-workers in your organization ... others will be researchers in other organizations.

Either way, you enhance your reputation as an expert with very little additional effort on your part.

To start, just go to the Google home page and look for Tools.

Another useful site for the new blogger is www.WikiHow.com ... search for "blog" and you will get several articles with useful hints on successful blogging.

Some tips I have gleaned during the process of creating this blog are ...
1) Be honest. If you are not an expert on a topic of interest, don't pretend to be one. In the desulfurization blog, I do not represent myself as a desulfurization expert. I do, however, stress that I am an expert in finding published information on desulfurization, and I share that expertise in my posts
2) Be interesting. This is very subjective, because our interests are so diverse ... still, try to make it worthwhile for a busy colleague to visit your blog
3) Be diligent. Post something at least once a week. To do less is to be relegated to the dustbin of history.

Finally, when you create your blog, send me an email at research@JeanSteinhardtConsulting.com ... I would like to follow it.

No comments:

Post a Comment