Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Bing® v. Google®

It's possible, you can never know, that the universe exists only for me. If so, it's sure going well for me, I must admit. -- Bill Gates

To Google® is to search cyberspace for information on a particular topic. Microsoft hopes to add the word “bing” to the cybersearch lexicon.

Google stands head and shoulders above every other search engine I have used to find technical information relating to desulfurization. Can Microsoft’s Bing® seriously compete with Google®?

One way to answer this question is to do a side-by-side comparison of search results on a technical term. You could open two browser windows to do this … or you could go to Bing-vs-Google (http://www.bing-vs-google.com/) and literally view the results of your search side by side.

I took this for a test drive using the search string …

Dibenzothiophene 2009

For technical cyber-research, I still prefer Googling. But Binging the competition should make research on the Internet better for all of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment