Thursday, May 6, 2010

Nanotechnology Today Blog

"I can do more than talk; I can pontificate!" -- Nibbler, a character in Bender's Big Score

The Desulfurization Blog is as much about online search tips as it is about actual desulfurization resources. Accordingly, today’s post highlights another blog … the Nanotechnology Today Blog (http://nanotechnologytoday.blogspot.com/). I ran across the blog while researching a desulfurization related organization. When I found it, I used the following strategy …

• Search
• Bookmark
• Harvest


The first thing I did was to use the Blogger search box to look for posts with the word “desulfurization” somewhere in the text. The search located the following post …
///////
Fuel cells help make noisy, hot generators a thing of the past
[Excerpts]
Two core technologies developed at the Department of Energy's Pacific Northwest National Laboratory - a fuel desulfurization system and a fuel reforming system - were instrumental in the demonstration of an electric power system operating on JP-8, a fuel commonly used in military operations.

Portable fuel cell power units are quieter, more efficient and have lower emissions than standard diesel generators, but are challenged when used with JP-8 fuel because of its sulfur content.

The fuel desulfurization and reforming systems developed at PNNL reduce the sulfur content of JP-8 and generate a hydrogen stream compatible with an integrated fuel cell.

Although currently under development for military use, the desulfurization and reforming technologies can be used with different liquid fuels to provide portable power almost anywhere that small size and high performance are important. Researchers at PNNL are also extending the desulfurization technology for use with diesel fuel.

View the entire post at: http://nanotechnologytoday.blogspot.com/search?q=desulfurization
///////

So much for “Search.” The next step … Bookmark

I added the Nanotechnology Today URL to my deli.cio.us bookmarking account. I added the tag “desulfurization” to the bookmark. It is not really a desulfurization resource as such, but when I browse my bookmarks in the future, I will search the site for desulfurization related posts, so for my purpose the desulfurization tag is appropriate.

Finally, I read the post both for content and for items to harvest. I look for keywords to add to my keyword list. I look for organizations such as research labs or vendors. And I look for possible experts or other individuals that could lead to additional desulfurization nuggets. For example, the post above listed the following …

Contact: Christy Lambert christy.lambert@pnl.gov 509-375-3732 DOE/Pacific Northwest National Laboratory (http://www.pnl.gov/)

Search … Bookmark … Harvest … You can use this strategy on the Desulfurization Blog (http://www.desulf.blogspot.com/). And you can do your colleagues a favor by letting them know about the blog. I pontificate daily.

No comments:

Post a Comment